Der Anschnitt, Beiheft
Would you like to publish a monograph or a collective work in "Der Anschnitt, Beiheft"?
Then please contact the editor, Prof. Dr. Thomas Stöllner, or the editorial manager, Dr. Petra Eisenach.
We will clarify the general conditions with you and check whether your manuscript or your (planned) editorial work fits the thematic orientation of the series and has the professional maturity.
Upon acceptance of your manuscript or planned publication, we ask you to prepare your manuscript according to the standards of our publication series and in accordance with our publication guidelines (see also checklist). After submission of your revised manuscript, it will go through the quality assurance process - i.e. your manuscript will be scientifically proofread and edited. Now your manuscript is ready for professional typesetting and is then formally checked again.
With your signature on the publishing contract and after approval of the publishing manuscript, by all parties involved, your work/contribution will appear as a printed book and will be distributed by Verlag Marie Leidorf GmbH. 12 months after publication of the print version, your work/contribution will be published free of charge under the Creative Commons license CC-BY 4.0 by the Ruhr University Library via the open access platform Open Monograph Press (OMP).
Simultaneous publication of print and online version of your work/contribution is possible in exceptional cases after consultation with the publisher.
The print version can be purchased from the publisher Marie Leidorf (www.vml.de).
In cooperation with our partners and external service providers, we offer:
- Personal advice from the editorial manager for manuscript preparation, image rights clarification, open access, publication ethics
- Review of typesetting, layout, formal requirements (citation, author and layout guidelines)
- Scientific and formal editing
- Typesetting and layout
- ISBN numbers /DOI numbers for citability
- Notification of publications to the Verzeichnis Lieferbarer Bücher (VLB) and LIBRI
- Obligatory delivery and notification to the German National Library and the University and State Library of Münster
- Open Access publication under the Creative Commons license CC BY 4.0.
The volumes of the publication series "Der Anschnitt, Beiheft" are published free of charge under the CC-BY 4.0 International license (Creative Commons — Attribution 4.0 International — CC BY 4.0) in cooperation with the University Library of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB) via the Open Access platform Open Monograph Press (OMP) of the RUB. Only in exceptional cases other CC licenses are accepted and marked.
The digital version appears as a searchable PDF including metadata.
The metadata provides concise information about you as author/editor, your work/contribution and a link, under which your work/contribution is available. This data is collected in such a way that it is machine-readable, can be distributed, found and archived. For this purpose, we ask you to fill out the data sheet that is part of the publication contract.
By default, the following metadata is provided: Title, if applicable subtitle, authors, editors, affiliation (affiliation institution, if applicable independent), ORCID (if available), publication date, publisher, series title, if applicable series subtitle and volume number, persistent identifier (DOI), ISBN (for print version), Creative Commons license, abstract (for collective works one abstract for the complete work and one abstract per contribution), keywords (free or taken from a classification), if applicable information on the research sponsor.
As an editor/author, please observe our guidelines for publication ethics and publication production with their formal, stylistic and bibliographic requirements. Only if your manuscript has been written according to the standards laid down there, your manuscript can be processed by us. Therefore, please familiarize yourself with our guidelines before submission and review our submission checklist.
Copyright notice and grant of rights and publication agreement
As an author*, you must be a natural person and have contributed substantially to the creation of the publication. If you are not publishing alone, you have agreed on the final approval of the manuscript to be published with all co-authors.
Authors who publish in "Der Anschnitt, Beiheft" agree to the following conditions:
- The authors retain the copyright.
- The authors grant the DBM as the publishing body of the series "Der Anschnitt, Beiheft" the exclusive right of use for the printed form of the contribution/work for a period of 12 months from publication.
- For the subsequent online provision of the article/work on the internet (12 months after publication of the print version), you grant the DBM as the publishing body of the series "Der Anschnitt, Beiheft", the repository operator (e.g. RUB [UB]) and the general public the non-exclusive right of use by granting an Open Access-compliant Creative Commons license (CC BY 4.0).
- Authors are free to make their work available elsewhere (e.g. in a repository) 12 months after publication of the print version. We welcome mention of the first publication (print and online).
By signing the publication agreement, you confirm that you have the right to publish the submitted information and materials and agree to the terms of publication.
- Please ensure that your manuscript meets the following criteria. Submissions that do not meet these guidelines will be returned. If you have any questions, please contact the Editorial Manager.
- Please refer to our publication ethics and publication guidelines.
- Please make sure your manuscript is checked for style, expression, and grammar and meets our citation guidelines (ARU-| Universitätsbibliothek: Harvard System) before sending it to the editorial office. This is especially true if German or English (depending on the language of the manuscript) is not your native language.
- Only manuscripts that have not yet been published and for which no other publications can be considered will be considered.
- You have cleared all copyright issues for all information and materials not created by you.
- Please ensure that all authors meet the authorship guidelines and agree to be credited as an author.
- Please include contact information for all authors on the manuscript. Last name/other name, ORCID ID (if not available: email address, name of institution). If applicable, clarify within an author or editor collective who will assume the role of corresponding author/editor.
- Please email your manuscript to the Editorial Manager at Petra.Eisenach@bergbaumuseum.de.
- After submission and acceptance of a manuscript, you will be sent the publication contract as corresponding author/editor with a declaration of granting rights.